Orange juice is great for boosting your toddler's Vitamin C, developing strong hand muscles, and mastering practical life skills!
Juicer & oranges provided; we will contact you to arrange a library pick-up.
- Register to receive a Zoom link by email.
- We generally send out the Zoom link 30 minutes before the event begins.
- Please check your SPAM folder as sometimes these emails get picked up by SPAM filters.
Supplies & Directions
- Prior to our storytime, please have an ADULT cut the oranges in half one time.
- You will need to provide a sturdy cup to go underneath the juicer. I recommend making sure it fits with the juicer ahead of time.
- Model juicing one of the oranges. Try to use as little words as possible and use slow movements. The Montessori method reminds us that children learn best by watching what you do, and less by what you say!
- Let the child try. Only offer help if they request it, and only then offer to help, but try your best to let them do most of the work! It will be hard. It is a great opportunity for them to exercise those little muscles!
- When you're done, let your child drink the orange juice.
- All set! You did it!