Yarn Bombing is a type of street art where public buildings are decorated with crocheted or knitted materials rather than paint or chalk.
Join us at the main entrance of the library on Sunday, June 6 at 4:30PM where we will yarn wrap pillars, make pompoms, attach knitted or crocheted flowers to yarn chains to create a beautiful community art installation.
All ages are welcome and no previous experience is necessary! Pick up your needles and hooks and join us for some community fun!
How to participate:
- Crochet or knit the following:
- Squares, circles and stem-like chains with leaves
- Projects must be 4-inches or larger
- Use bright colors in any and all combinations
- Use acrylic yarn
Pick up a yarn and pompom kits at the Lower Level Technology Desk starting May 3rd (available while supplies last)
- Registered patrons can pick up kits ahead of time to make and drop off before the event. Kits will also be available day of event for registered patrons.
Dropping Off Completed Projects: Drop off your completed knitted or crochet projects between May 1 and May 28th, 2021 in the collection box located at the Technology Desk (lower level/computer area).
New to Crocheting or Knitting?
If you want to learn how to crochet a flower sign up for Yarn Bombing Pre-event and learn how to Crochet a Flower.
Or use the links below for project tutorials and patterns:
Questions? Send us an email!