With thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists, there’s a project for everyone! For Niles-Maine District Cardholders only.
Click here for instructions on how to login to Creativebug.
Click here to join a class. Video instructions are included for the classic tank and a ruffle-bottom variation which uses elastic thread to create even gathers. The class includes a downloadable pattern, which features nine women’s sizes (XXS – XL3) and two bust size variations. Each version shown here features a double-rolled hem and bias-tape finished neck and armholes. The Gemma top stitches up quickly and will be a favorite addition to your sewing repertoire.
- 1 ¼ - 1 ¾ yard lightweight woven fabric, cotton or linen blend preferred (see PDF download for yardage requirements by size)
- ¼ yard contrast fabric (optional)
- Coordinating thread/ Elastic thread
- Pins or clips
- Fabric scissors/Paper scissors
- Chalk or marking pencil
- Measuring tape
- Hem gauge
- Seam ripper
- Pattern weights
- Swedish tracing paper
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Pressing ham (optional)
- Sewing machine
- Iron and pressing surface
- Assembled PDF pattern