With thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists, there’s a project for everyone! For Niles-Maine District Cardholders only.
Click here for instructions on how to login to Creativebug.
Click here to join a class. In this workshop you will not only learn the fundamentals of how to use the punch needle tool, but also how to create a successful design from scratch and punch it up quickly with bulky weight wool. Along the way, Arounna Khounnoraj troubleshoots potential issues and shows you how to bind off your piece to make a wall hanging, trivet or stool cover.
- Oxford punch needle tool - size #10 for ¼” loops (you can find one at Bookhou or at AmyOxford.com)Monks cloth with 13 holes per inch (you can find this by the yard at Joann.com or buy it pre-stretched at Bookhou)
- 12" wood frame or stretcher bars (you can find this at Joann.com - you'll need to buy 2 sets to make a full frame)
- Light-duty staple gun (Arounna uses this one)
- Pencil and eraser
- Watercolor and watercolor paper (optional)
- Sketch paper
- Fine-tipped Sharpie
- Bulky weight wool yarn (Arounna recommends Patons Classic Wool Roving yarn)
- Tapestry needle
- Clothespin (optional)